The Elite U's CNA program is open to any person at least 16-years-old at the start of the course, along with the following requirements:
- Be able to effectively communicate orally and in-writing with English
- Have a basic understanding of computers and access to email
- Be physically able to stand for prolonged periods and maneuver in limited spaces
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be current in health care vaccinations
- Physical form completed
*Texas Nurse Aide Training programs are required to check both the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and the Nurse Aide Registry (NAR) and to conduct a criminal history background check for all applicants. Applicants found to be listed on the EMR, or who are listed on the NAR in “revoked” status, or who have a criminal history that would bar employment in a DADS-licensed facility or agency are prohibited from enrolling in a nurse aide training program.