Become part of the rapidly growing trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or as a freight broker agent. Freight broker training will help you learn the skills you need to be a successful Freight Broker/Agent. From operations and licensing to sales and marketing, you’ll gain the basics of how to operate a domestic freight brokerage or agency in the United States of America.
Freight brokerage is a growing, service-based industry. As a freight agent or broker, you bridge shippers and manufacturers with transportation companies and manage those shipments. Entrepreneur magazine rated the freight brokerage business as one of the top home-based businesses to own, and a Wall Street Journal article cited freight brokering and logistics as the largest growing sector of the transportation industry.
Written by freight brokerage connoisseurs, this freight broker agent program will provide you with the knowledge and resources needed to break into the shipping industry. From transportation law, contracts, and insurance, to setting up and running your own business, this is the best online freight broker training available to you today.
What you will learn
- The basics of freight brokering.
- How to use the documents and software common to the industry.
- All about transportation law, insurance, and agreements and contracts.
- How to set up and run your business, including recordkeeping, determining quotes, and negotiation and marketing techniques.
How you will benefit
- Our freight broker school will provide you with the resources you need to obtain your brokerage licensing/authority from the federal government.
- Graduates will be able to continue contracted partnership with Elite Logistics and/or start their independent brokerage with the book of business acquired during internship.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. Lab fees will cover all additional access to programs needed per business needs.
Access to the internet, Business Name and EIN for Payroll (We will help you with this), PDF viewer, Outlook or Mail Client to access email, Cellphone to download app for business phone.