Freight Brokers are essential to the logistics industry, and have been around since the early 1900s. Brokers play a pivotal role in the movement of freight for both shippers and carriers. We have put together a training program for everyone no matter you budget or level of knowledge of the industry!
Freight Broker Program Overview
Our freight broker department has several brokerage training programs that will assist anyone kickstarting their freight broker career or who needs continued education.
Freight Broker Courses
This course is a 8-hour training that is held on campus in Houston or virtual for new and existing brokers or broker agents. We provide a rundown on the Logistics Industry as a whole and the necessary tools needed to be successful in this industry.
Our fast start program is structured to give you the tools necessary to begin working as an agent. This course is for 80 hours.
We have live training M-F as well as pre-recorded trainings from previous classes.
Our Freight Brokerage Certification Program is a 6-month program that is structured to assist you with operating a successful Freight Brokerage, with compensation.
During this course, each student will receive training while working as a Broker Agent for Elite Brokerage.
This program can be completed here on campus in Houston, TX, or remotely.
Upon graduation from the program, each student will be able to start their own Independent Brokerage and keep their book of business. Elite will also assist each student with the process of setting up their brokerage. Every student also has the opportunity to continue working as an independent agent for Elite Brokerage.
This course is for the new and existing brokers or broker agents, whom want a more in depth training on how to start a freight brokerage and build a successful business model.
This 4 week course is for 160 hours. It includes 60 hours of instructional time and 100 hours of lab time. Your lab time consists of the following:
- 1 on 1 mentoring sessions weekly
- Live broker environment shadowing
- Assisted sales calls
- Building book of business and more
By the end of this course every student will have the ability to have their business up and running with clients.
Our freight brokerage master certification program consists of a 2 part series.
- The Basics of Freight Brokering
- Setting Up Your Business and Office
- Setting Goals and Developing Your Corporate Identity
- Setting Up Your Shipper Packet and Your Carrier Packet
- Operations and Using Operations Software
- Types of Freight and Exploring Niche Markets
- Transportation Law
- Broker-Carrier Contracts
- Broker-Shipper Agreements
- Insurance for Carriers and Brokers
- Recordkeeping, Accounting, and Financial Management
- Determining Your Rate and Lane Quotes
- Carrier Relations and Solutions for Success
- Sales and Profitability
- Advanced Marketing
- Develop Your Negotiation Skills
- Onboarding and Retention
- Intro to Freight Brokering $299
This is an 8 hour one on one training session for 2 days (4 hr each day) via zoom or on campus.
- Freight Broker Agent Certification $900
Must be paid 1 week before start date. Must complete min 80 hours to graduate.
- Freight Brokerage Certification $1700
$500 Enrollment fee $200 monthly lab fee (6 months) Lab fees include but not limited to: 1.) Virtual Office & weekly mail forwarding (other services provided at cost per service) 2.) Agent Phone and Fax line with brokerage ext. 3.) Marketing services 4.) Freight specific Programs & Software (Loadboards, TMS, etc) 5.) Office systems (back office systems, tracking, monitoring, accounting, etc)
- Freight Brokerage Management $2500
Must be paid 1 week before start date. Must complete min 160 hours to graduate.
- Freight Broker Master Certification $4500
Must be paid 1 week before start date. Must complete min 4800 hours to graduate. This course is for 2.5 semesters (24 weeks)